Re: Digital SNMP pollable thermometers

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Fri Jun 13 15:33:11 1997

At 07:52 PM 6/13/97 +0100, Neil J. McRae wrote:

>The GRF has this feature also.

As does the OpenROUTE RBX250 midrange router. Seems we all have something
along these lines. The readings will tell you if your HVAC system has
croaked or the cooling fan has died. Best use I've heard today, though, was
knowing how to dress for working in the wiring closet or data center :-)

>> We're doing the same here.  Didn't know you could do it until recently,
>> but it is rather neat that they included it.
>>
>> Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
>> NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services

>> > High end (7xxx) Cisco boxes have temperature data available.  A friend of
>> > mine monitors his via SNMP using MRTG, which is a wonderful package.
>> >
>> > -David
>> >
>> > --
>> > David Williamson                |      "Dementia is similar to creativity
>> > Network Operations Dude         |       but without the expense of art
>> > Synopsys, Inc.                  |       supplies."         -Dogbert
>> >

>--
>Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking.                            D O M I N O
>neil@DOMINO.ORG       NetBSD/sparc - 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)
> Free the daemon in your <A HREF="http://www.NetBSD.ORG/";>Computer!</A>

Daniel Senie                           mailto:dts@openroute.com
Sr. Staff Engineer                     http://www.openroute.com/
OpenROUTE Networks, Inc.               (a wholly owned subsidiary of
Proteon, Inc.)