Re: NSP ... New Information

  • From: Justin W. Newton
  • Date: Tue Jun 10 04:44:46 1997

At 12:27 AM 6/10/97 -0500, Phil Howard wrote:
>Larry Vaden writes...

>Are any other ISPs doing this filtering?

I know that Erol's was going to, and that Priori will likely, but for
different reasons than you are used to.  The primary reason that I have
considered filtering is for protection against AS7007 type problems
affecting my network.  I.e. If you deaggregate the entire world and send it
to me, I may be "not listening" to enough of it that I would be safe.

Justin W. Newton
Senior Network Architect
Priori Networks				http://www.priori.net
ISP/C, Director at Large			http://www.ispc.org