Re: NSP ... New Information

  • From: Bill Sommerfeld
  • Date: Mon Jun 09 09:19:55 1997

   Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 00:34:03 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Edward Fang <edfang@visi.net>

   This is all great and dandy, but then why does it appear that anybody with
   a cable modem this side of the sun are using static IP's.

Huh?

When I switched from dialup ISDN to cable-modem service (MediaOne) I
went from a static address to a DHCP address.  I've been forcably
renumbered at least once since then due to a topology change.