Loss of BGP peering monitoring via SNMP

  • From: Curtis Generous
  • Date: Thu Jun 05 10:18:10 1997

We have been caught several times lately with some of our border routers
loss of BGP peering going undetected for sometime.  Is there a way
to enable BGP peering loss monitoring via SNMP from a CISCO router?
I've looked at both the public and private MIBS but haven't found anything.

I am aware of the 'nocol' package but really was hoping for an SNMP based
approach to tie into our net-mgmt packages (sunnet and hpov).

TIA

--curtis
--
Curtis Generous                generous@uucom.com          Phone: (703) 461-1350
UUcom Inc., Suite 250, 4875 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304-0797