Re: Information re: Cyberpromo

  • From: Martin J. Hannigan
  • Date: Mon Jun 02 16:25:29 1997

> Martin J. Hannigan put this into my mailbox:

[ snip ]

> Two months with these filters, and no complaints yet.

Was that some wrappered service? Looked like tcp_wrappers.
I think a router with enough memory would be a better performer
for filtering activies at that layer.

I did go ahead and install the relay denial rulesets published on
sendmail.org for 8.8.x and they work fine. Cyberpromo appears to
have been using "Cyberbomber" on our ports.

I guess I'm naive, but I thought NAPS wanted to stop this kind
of thing, and most had explicit rules about it. Guess not. Back to
the clue-store with me. :-/

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan	(hannigan@firefly.net)	     Voice: 617.528.1099
Firefly Network, Inc. - Network Operations