Re: Bye...

  • From: John A. Russo - GeoNet Communications
  • Date: Mon Jun 02 13:04:53 1997

I receommend a moderated list. However, being the capitalist that I am, I would
be willing to pay for my subscription and those of our employees.

It is my belief that this would help solve three problems.  Since I value the
content and utility of this list if it were focused on its intended purpose, I
I receommend a moderated list. However, being the capitalist that I am, I would
be willing to pay for my subscription and those of our employees.

It is my belief that this would help solve three problems.  Since I value the
content and utility of this list if it were focused on its intended purpose, I
might be willing to pay quite a lot.

If the price were set properly, it would help seperate out the group that places
value on belonging to this list and those that don't.

Secondly, the proceeds could be used to pay a moderator.  I think this is
important, since it does take time to perform the function and it is unfair
to expect someone with a brain to do it for free.  This presumably would result
in better quality as well.

Finally,  any excess proceeds could be used to defray the cost of hosting NANOG
meetings.

I know that the NANOG organizers are already quite busy.  I would volunteer
to initiate this program under the auspices of NANOG.

Kind regards,

John Russo
GeoNet