Re: ARIN is not/is too/is not/is too... blah.

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sat Mar 29 14:54:18 1997

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, Aleph One wrote:

>    I for one like the idea of ARIN. It's the pricing structure that is
> compleatly wrong. The structure will create a market for companies to
> "lease" large quantities for address space from ARIN, and then "sublease"
> them cheaper than ARIN it self. You may claim you can not sell address
> space but we have all seen it happen.

I'm not claiming that ARIN is perfect and that it will instantly solve all
problems. But I do believe that it will be far more responsive to the
industry than the Internic could be. And if enough ISP's join ARIN and
come up with a better funding/pricing scheme then I believe it *CAN*
be implemented. The fundamental feature of ARIN is that it will be
responsive to the needs of those organizations who use IP address space.
It's just a first step in the right direction, not the ultimate goal.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com