RE: FYI: BBN/MCI Peering Change 3/31/97

  • From: Jim Browning
  • Date: Sat Mar 22 14:38:34 1997
  • Encoding: 26 TEXT

There are two different flavors of this:

A.	Providing transit over the NAP fabric (ATM or FDDI)
B.	Providing transit via a private interconnect which happens to be at a
NAP facility.

You should speak to each provider yourself, with an awareness that this
approach is avoided because of the fact that getting traffic both through
and _away from_ the exchanges is a serious concern of providers carrying a
lot of traffic.  This problem is exacerbated if transit connections are
accepted at the exchange points.

There may a time when "Purchased Peering" becomes the chosen approach for
what you are seeking...
--
Jim