Re: Domain Rant.

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Fri Mar 21 12:37:10 1997

On Fri, Mar 21, 1997 at 12:07:54PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Karl Denninger writes:
> > No it doesn't.
> >
> > If you register with someone, pay them, and they claim never to have
> > received payment you're just as screwed.
>
> No, you aren't. Today, if someone does that, you are stuck.

Boiled down: You pay again.

> In the new
> model, you will be able to switch to another registrar. Competition,
> you know.

Boiled down: You pay again.

What was that difference again?

I know you're good at trying to avoid facts, but this is rediculous!

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal