Re: Domain Rant.

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Fri Mar 21 00:15:46 1997

On Thu, Mar 20, 1997 at 07:39:14PM -0800, Vadim Antonov wrote:

> So far, that sounds like nice basis for a class action lawsuit.
>
> Imagine a land title company throwing away records just because they
> lost a payment receipt.  That's what InterNIC is doing.
>
> My experience with InterNIC was that i managed to get hold of
> actual person, and got assurances that everything's ok.  Then
> i see nothing happened in the database, so i call again, and they
> tell the information "is not there yet".  Now, i go to the automatic
> system and make a card payment -- the system gives back authorization
> code, etc.  Guess what.  It still says the domain registration is not paid.
>
> I think it is time ISPs take the matter in their hands.  I.e. let ISPs
> to perform registrations.  Root serer operators can ensure uniqueness
> just fine.
>
> --vadim

You just described eDNS.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal