Re: Is the InterNIC really screwed in the head?

  • From: Ehud Gavron
  • Date: Sun Mar 09 17:00:07 1997

Bill Bradford said:
>On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Ehud Gavron wrote:
>> RFC954 specifies WHOIS.  Client requests, server sends.  Simple, really.
>> $ whois opus4-hst
>> Would you like to see registered users of this host?
>> 	WHAT???  My whois client is supposed to search for this string
>I think your WHOIS may be messed up:

>(mrbill) staff1:~$ whois opus4-hst

	No, I think yours is.

	% telnet whois.internic.net whois
OPUS4-HST<CR>
[No name] (OPUS4-HST)

   Hostname: NS.OPUS1.COM
   Address: 192.245.12.50
   System: VAX running VMS

   Domain Server

   Record last updated on 13-Feb-94.

Would you like to see the registered users of this host? y<CR>

   No registered users.

The InterNIC Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet Information
(Networks, ASN's, Domains, and POC's).
Please use the whois server at nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.

	Go fix it.