Re: 03/05/97 Internet Routing Problems

  • From: Pierre Thibaudeau
  • Date: Thu Mar 06 11:10:29 1997

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Alex.Bligh wrote:

>    > This is a prinicpal example of why people should be filtering on
>    > both inbound & outbound announcements of default & RFC1918 address
>    > space.
>
>    Well we do this (we also filter out some other things we
>    don't want to hear from other people), but this set me
>    thinking. Is there anyone who actually has a good reason
>    to propogate default and reserved addresses through the RA?
>    Wouldn't it be a good move for the RA itself to filter
>    these announcements (in addition to what's in the policy)?

Alex,

At least in theory, it is. Read paragraph titled "The Routing Arbiter's
Responsibility" in <http://www.ra.net/RADB.tools.docs/radbserv.html>.

>    Alex Bligh
>    Xara Networks

__

Pierre Thibaudeau                     |   e-mail: <prt@Teleglobe.CA>
TELEGLOBE CANADA                      |
1000, rue de La Gauchetiere ouest     |      Tel: +1-514-868-7257
Montreal, QC   H3B 4X5                |
Canada                                |      fax: +1-514-868-8446