Re: Firewall in Routers??

  • From: Robert Laughlin
  • Date: Tue Mar 04 13:02:16 1997

> On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Andrew Smith wrote:
> Anyone who has a 75XX and a single T1 needs to be taken out back and shot
> by their overly generous accounts payable division ;)

At a recent Cisco seminar aimed at corporate customers, Cisco was
specifying the 7500 be used in all the following situations:

1. connecting a single mainframe computer to the campus backbone
2. connecting a large office to the campus backbone
3. connecting a remote office over frame relay at 512 kbs to the campus
backbone. But do not despair, if you are running at 256kb, you can drop
back to a 7200.

#3 implies we are over driving our 7500s.  If the 7500 is intended to
handle a single serial line at 512kb, no wonder it seems to get overloaded
on the backbone.

Best Regards,
Robert Laughlin
DataXchange                sales:  800-863-1550            http://www.dx.net
       Network Operations Center:  703-903-7412 -or- 888-903-7412