Re: The Big Squeeze

  • From: Craig Nordin
  • Date: Sun Mar 02 00:11:18 1997

> > Shouldn't the big boys ... be forced to come up with a fairer solution?

> by who?

An even playing field where those who can only get a few class C addresses
are not excluded from multiple peering points.  I think that this is fairer
to *everyone*.

So far, we have two unilateral decisions by those powerful enough to
make it stick.  InterNIC protects address space, and Sprint (and others)
protect router memory.

Isn't there a way, if the InterNIC and the larger backbone operators
cooperated, that organizations having smaller armounts of address space
would not be filtered out?

Or is it technically impossible?