Thanks for your help

  • From: Joseph C. Pistritto
  • Date: Tue Feb 25 19:34:11 1997

Several of you responded earlier today with information that was helpful in
resolving the problem of a bad route to one of our networks being propagated.

So, collected gurus of the net, how do we keep this from happening again?

We can wire down the route at the ISPs we take service from (and do), but
what keeps some random person from propagating bad routes into the system
and blowing away your network by accident?  Surely there has been some
thought given to this problem.  I'm convinced today's incident wasn't
malicious (at least until proven otherwise), but you can see the potential
here.

	-jcp-