F.Root-Servers.net and bogus data

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Mon Feb 24 17:38:32 1997

Folks,

In the process of switching ISP's, I sent some updates off to InterNIC last
friday.  The new SOA's are in place on all root servers except for
f.root-servers.net.  Mail to hostmaster@internic.net yields no response
(who knows, they could be using f.....)

The domain name is cctec.com.

The correct answers are 207.87.243.20 and 207.87.243.60, not 206.21.31.xxx
as listed on f.

So who runs F, and how do I politely ask them to check and see if they
picked up their updates last Friday.  Contact listed for root-servers.net
is hostmaster@internic.net.

At the risk of starting another flame war, does this make F the One FALSE
Root Server?

Eric