Re: demon.co.uk spam policies? [sorry if off-topic]

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Mon Feb 24 14:12:54 1997

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Rick Payne wrote:

==>Scott Call writes:
==> > In light of the recent spam/nospam discussions on the list, I thought
==> > I'd share something one of my customers got with the rest of you:
==>
==>[Spam from a Demon customer cut]
==>
==>I think if you try mailing the spam concerned to abuse@demon.net they
==>will deal with it - regardless of what the spammer may claim.
==>
==>Did you try that?

If you look at the headers again (I won't repost them), the spam actually
was sent through a US mail relay from an IP behind enterprise.net, a
customer of BT.  Demon isn't in the headers, and I imagine it's probably a
ploy to get people to attack demon.co.uk.

However, abuse@the-involved-providers-here is a much better forum to
address your complaints.

/cah