North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
- From: Jim Fleming
- Date: Mon Feb 17 19:12:08 1997
Here is a summary of recent events on NANOG
regarding Root Name Server problems.
1. People are complaining about Root Name Server
2. Some people hypothesize that people unhappy
with the IAHC outcome are causing trouble.
3. During that discussion, someone noted they could
not get to the server run by Paul Vixie.
4. I asked if Paul "filters" traffic to that server. No answer.
5. A few people tried to twist that and to take a simple
question regarding filtering and make more
out of it. Paul finally sort of admitted that
he filters a small percentage.
6. I summarized the situation and noted that the IANA
and Network Solutions were making changes
to the Root Name Server arrangements and
suggested, that could be the cause of the
problems noted in #1 above.
7. George Herbert claimed these changes have
corrupted the H root server and that these
changes should cease and desist.
8. I pointed out that Jon Postel (the IANA) is making
...now there is silence at NANOG...I guess all of the
Root Name Server problems have either disappeared
or have been solved....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -