Re: h.root-servers.net broken

  • From: Bob Kupiec
  • Date: Fri Feb 14 17:33:37 1997
  • Newsgroups: mail.nanog

In article <9702140044.aa12117@sparky.arl.mil> you write:
>All,
>
>   The problem on h.root-servers.net is fixed. Temporarily lost the COM
>zone. Situation Normal: All Fixed Up. :-) Thanks for reporting the problem.
>If you have any more problems, please report them to our operations staff
>at (410)278-6829 or (410)278-6642. They'll contact me at home.
>
>					James Fielding
>					<jamesf@arl.mil>

Do you know during what time period that you lost .com?  I first
noticed it a few minutes after noon EST and the problem seemed to be
corrected around midnight EST.

It would be nice to know during what time I can attribute yesterday's
problems to a root server failing, and not to my DNS servers failing.

--
                Bob Kupiec                         GES / WNA
         http://www.ges.com/~kupiec               Princeton, NJ