What will they think of next?

  • From: Steven Eric Rubin
  • Date: Thu Jan 30 17:00:23 1997

I pulled this off of ba.internet, thought you might find this
interesting..

Name of poster removed to changed to protect the less enlightend

---

Hi folks,

Many of you already know me.  I've been around in ba.internet and ba.news
for a long time, and I'm not one to spam.  I've been looking at the
problem of congestion for quite a while now, trying to come up with a
reasonable plan - and I think I have.

For the long answer, see [sorry, Im protecting the guy].  For the short
answer - how about a place where the small ISP can come, locate a
router, and peer with a bunch of other ISPs?  You don't need PI
space, you don't need BGP4, and you don't have a $3000 per month
co-lo bill.  We will peer using OSPF, which almost all routers
support.  This will keep the local traffic local, and allow the
small ISP to actually get a reasonable price for bandwidth to
other local sites.