Re: IP Filtering / CIDR Block Size / SprintLink

  • From: Brett L. Hawn
  • Date: Mon Jan 27 14:46:56 1997

Agis for one that I know of, last I heard Sprint had _stopped_ filtering
blocks smaller than /19 when they fired Doran (I could be wrong).

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, McLeodUSA wrote:

> Who, in addition to SprintLink, is currently implementing IP
> filtering based on CIDR block size (/19)?  And where can I go
> to learn more about this issue?
>
> I've read the "Q&A conducted by Christy Hudgins-Bonafield with
> Alecia Cooper, group manager SprintLink product management." at
> http://techweb.cmp.com/nc/online/sprint.html  but couldn't seem
> to find much on what other carriers are doing.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tim Nemec
> McLeodUSA

[-]                Brett L. Hawn (blh @ nol dot net)                       [-]
[-]                Networks On-Line - Houston, Texas                       [-]
[-]                           713-467-7100                                 [-]