Re: Info on MAE-EAST

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed Jan 15 16:13:36 1997

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Stephen Balbach wrote:

> MFS to provide the best possible NAP, I don't think it's a positive mark
> for MFS and raises, again, the validity of having a single major NAP/MAE
> player for each metro area.

How many exchange points have shared media, i.e. hub and spoke topology,
and how many rely exclusively on a mesh of cross-connects? Is there any
data to show whether or not the mesh of cross-connects will scale high
enough to be usable for major NAP's? If so, it would not be difficult
to set up such an exchange point in which people basically pay for rack
space, power and the installation of cross-connects.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael@memra.com