Re: Update on mail bombing threats--not so funny

  • From: Mike Leber
  • Date: Thu Jan 09 17:54:47 1997

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Vadim Antonov wrote:
> Why won't we concentrate on doing technical solutions?
> [good source authentication proposal deleted]

This would solve the forged email problem excellently.  (Assuming you can
get past the installed base of over 50(?) million SMTP email addresses,
although only a few of those actually have a source domain different from
the mail gateway.)

However, the spaming problem is another.  I see three generations of
spammers.

The 1st Generation Spammer (Direct)