Re: Which RFC?

  • From: Paul G. Donner
  • Date: Thu Jan 02 12:32:25 1997

Alex:

While you are probably looking for "mandate" material, OSPF provides a specific example of implementation of the most specific route, in an actual routing protocol. Check out the OSPF RFC (I believe it was 1247) as well as the new one (1583). The old one talks about selecting the least ambiguous route. The new RFC I believe has changed the terminology to use "best match" or "most specific match" as opposed to "least ambiguous".