Re: Film at 11:00

  • From: Tony Li
  • Date: Thu Jan 02 02:12:03 1997

   There's not enough volume in high-end box market to get to the break-even
   point on the price-performance.

That's not clear.

   Providing that there's a way to get a bunch of cheapo CPUs to do the
   job.

True, but there's a complexity hit (which translates into a reliability hit
and a development lag) from this approach.

   And don't forget the DRAM vs SRAM issue.  I did the arithmetic.

Fortunately, there are new memory technologies today that are more
interesting than those when we started work on the SSE.  And ASIC
technology helps you further here...

Tony