Re: Building exchanges that matter ..

  • From: alex
  • Date: Mon Dec 09 09:04:44 1996

>      From: "Joe Rhett" <joe@Navigist.Com>
>
>      ATM -> Flat/Star/Web/whatever. You can create both bandwidth and
>      redundancy without routing.
>
>   I am consistently amazed at the number of people who think that
>   defining an additional diversely-routed PVC through a single physical
>   ATM connection creates "redundancy".  Clearly these folks have never
>   had a card go south on them.
The best (and _the only_) way to add real redundancy to ATM-LANE network
is to use other (100baseTX usially) protocol for it, as (for example)
CISCO do in their projects they like to present.

-:)  They defend network against ATM's bugs.

---
Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)