Re: Exchanges that matter...

  • From: Jeremy Porter
  • Date: Sun Dec 08 22:18:23 1996

In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.961208112336.9654C-100000@netrail.net>, Nathan Stratt
on writes:
>On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Alec H. Peterson wrote:
>
>> On Dec 7, 1996, Nathan Stratton wrote:
>> >
>> > Name one FDDI nap that is maxed out.
>>
>> You must be kidding.  Have you not noticed the 20% packet loss across
>> the bridge between the two gigaswitches at MAE-east?  Sure, the
>> individual gigaswitches themselves might not be maxed out, but if the
>> bridge is saturated then they may as well be.
>
>Yes, MFS needs to do this differently.

MFS can't even do full duplex ethernet.  Of course, I don'
know of any other people offering full duplex LAN connection
services.  Party is related to the old ethernet switches,
that didn't support it.  But I haven't been able to convince them
to sell me full duplex anything yet.  (Clear channel DS3 or T-1,
but not much else).

---
Jeremy Porter, Freeside Communications, Inc.      jerry@fc.net
PO BOX 80315 Austin, Tx 78708  |  1-800-968-8750  |  512-458-9810
http://www.fc.net