Re: The Cidr Report

  • From: John S. Quarterman
  • Date: Tue Dec 03 23:07:22 1996

In article <199612020252.AA02201@zephyr.isi.edu> you write:

>> There is no "absolute" point at which to take these measurements. Any
>> point will be coloured (colored) by its relative Internet location with respect to
>> amounts of local detail and aggregated distant detail.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>      Geoff
>
>	True enough.. (coloured is the correct spelling :)
>	Dave Meyers is starting to put up something like this
>	off his exchange in oregon.
>
>	Perhaps it would be useful to get a number of players
>	together and ensure that we are taking routing snaps at
>	the same time and then persuade JQ to revamp his "Internet
>	Weather Maps" to reflect these high/low pressure patterns
>	across the landscape.

Something like that is on the TODO list for the MIDS IWR, pending funding.

Thanks,
John

John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>
Editor, Matrix Maps Quarterly and Matrix News <mids@mids.org>
MIDS Internet Weather Report <URL:http://www.mids.org/weather/>
President, Matrix Information and Directory Services (MIDS)
http://www.mids.org, +1-512-451-7602, fax: +1-512-452-0127
1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 500W
Austin, TX 78723
U.S.A.