Re: *** MAKE SPAM@INTERRAMP.COM DIE FAST!!! *** (fwd)

  • From: Robert Sanders
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 22:59:07 1996

lists@reflections.mindspring.com writes:

> The transition has not yet occurred; we will start transferring customers
> come the beginning of September.

In addition, we will not be offering free demo accounts.  The ease
with which spammers can acquire throwaway PSI accounts, coupled with
PSI's inability to trace a given post back to its source, has made PSI
a spammer's dream.  It's not a matter of apathy, but of impotence.
Those in charge of curtailing net abuse had few of the facilities
necessary to do so.

We will require NNTP authentication for news posting, and will
immediately take action against accounts whose postings violate our
terms of service (http://www.mindspring.com/aboutms/policy.html).

  -- Robert