Re: Access to the Internic Blocked -- LSRR, traceroute with ICMP

  • From: Edward Henigin
  • Date: Thu Aug 22 01:41:52 1996

	Speaking of which, is anyone going to implement traceroute
for UNIX which using icmp echo requests, instead of (semi-)random
udp packets, as the ammo?  This is one way which I think Microsoft out
did the old UNIX implementations.

	The combination of the above and the below would give us
the usefulness we want and the security we want.  (I don't think
the below would work with Van Jacobsen's traceroute 1.2)