aol

  • From: Alan Hannan
  • Date: Fri Aug 09 00:37:38 1996

  Howdy,

  I was waiting for someone to bring this up, but it didn't happen.

  The "19 hour" outage of AOL was attributed to a new network
  operating system update, by at least one media story I read.  I'm
  curious is there're any interesting lessons from this for the rest
  of us?  Was it a goof like putting BGP into OSPF?  Was it bad
  code?  Was it just goofy?

  -alan

  ps who is dissapointed he's not plugged in enough to just "know"