Re: sell shell accounts?

  • From: Karl Denninger, MCSNet
  • Date: Fri Jul 19 18:45:13 1996

> > Not fast enough when you're talking about OC3s ;-).
>
> > Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
>
> Gated doesn't have to be faster when the router is routing OC3s than
> when it's routing 56ks...
>
> I assume that the mondo-routers have a switching engine, and the
> only job of the main CPU/gated combo is to feed the current idea
> of the best next-hop/interface to the engine.
>
> Avi

This is true.  But show me a model in which this works and which can update
that forwarding table 20x/second (at full load WHILE switching packets).

That's what Netstar claims.

CISCO can't even *dream* of getting close to this level of performance.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1 from $600 monthly; speeds to DS-3 available
			     | 23 Chicagoland Prefixes, 13 ISDN, much more
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1]     | Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | Home of Chicago's only FULL Clarinet feed!