Re: The root nameservers will be replaced August 1st

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Thu Jul 18 22:15:08 1996

I have long advocated moving the root nameservers to XPs.  It makes
considerable traffic sense.  But I have also always advocated that these
servers be owned and operated by the XP, not by some third party.  To do
otherwise would be an administrative nightmare....

You mean I have to go out and actually read those 100 messages a day
coming from newdom.... :-(

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com