Re: The root nameservers will be replaced August 1st

  • From: Steven Schnell
  • Date: Wed Jul 17 18:31:14 1996

You are correct in stating that servers are collocated at the exchange
points.  However, their collocation and their associated application
(route database server) are sanctioned by the NSF as part of NSF
Solicitation 93-52.  It would be a grievous error to assume that any NAP
operator would want to take on the responsibilities of securing a DNS
root server, ensure its availability and take the associated hits.

Steve