Re: AGIS Route Flaps Interrupting its Peering?

  • From: Alex.Bligh
  • Date: Fri Jul 05 09:35:37 1996

Sean Doran wrote:
> My opinion is probably at one pole of the spectrum of ideas
> about NAPs and MAEs, however it's essentially this: do not
> propagate other people's next-hops at all to your NAP/MAE peers,

Presumably the other pole being the RA approach where the object
you peer with is *never* the next hop (i.e. minimize BGP sessions
and packets switched at the possible expense of predictability /
reliability / control).

Anyone have any idea how much traffic actually *does* shortcut
a hop (or more), and thus what impact always using next-hop-self
would have?

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks