Re: NAVYJOBS.COM

  • From: Dalvenjah FoxFire
  • Date: Mon Apr 22 00:29:05 1996

Sean Doran put this into my mailbox:

> I was happily watching the hockey playoffs just now
> (well, as happily as possible without Hockey Night in Canada),
> and noticed a commercial for U.S. Navy Recruiting.
>
> Why why why why why are they in .COM?!

I wondered this too, at first, then remembered that Netscape allows
the user to enter simply 'navyjobs' in the URL field, and Netscape
will automatically prepend "http://www."; and append ".com" to the
entry.

Ah, commercialization...

-Sven Nielsen

  Dalvenjah FoxFire, the Teddy Dragon (also known as Sven Nielsen to some :)
                dalvenjah@dal.net    ---     dalvenjah on IRC
     Remember: if you're not on DALnet, you're on the wrong IRC server!!
       (/serv irc.dal.net 7000 or telnet telnet.dal.net to try it out)
--
 ____       _               _      _ "I had the dagger in my hand, and he has
|  _ \ __ _| |_ _____ _ _  (_)__ _| |_the indecency to start dying on his own!"
| |_) / _` | \ V / -_) ' \ | / _` | ' \        --Ambassador G'kar, Babylon 5
|____/\__,_|_|\_/\___|_||_|/ \__,_|_||_| FoxFire -- dalvenjah@dal.net -- (SN90)
                         |__/