Re: Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

  • From: Christian Nielsen
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 21:27:37 1996

On Mon, 29 Jan 1996, Ed Morin wrote:

> To some extent, isn't this how the Amateur Radio folks carve up the 44.*.*.*
> network?  It might be an interesting experiment to use another class A net,
> sort of like the recent 39.*.*.* (or was it 38?) subnet experiment for such
> things as web farms, etc. that don't need large allocations, but could really
> benefit from multi-homing.

	As an amatuer radio operator, I could pick up a class C here in
SLC and route it over the internet. I don't think they should carve up
another class A just for Web stuff, we are going to than have routing
problems again on the net. It would be better that they go to one of
thier providers. Yes I know that is not always an option.

Christian Nielsen
Vyzynz International Inc.	cnielsen@vii.com,CN46,KB7HAP
Phone 801-568-0999		Fax 801-568-0953
Private Email - Christian@Nielsen.Net			PS :)