Re: Static IP addresses for Dial-up

  • From: Matt Crawford
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 12:34:38 1996

Peter Dawe,

If you want to forbid statically-assigned (yet aggregatable)
addresses for dialup customers, then someday you'll have to
choose where to draw the line between kre's brother with one IP
address and my site with 7164, if I start reaching the internet
through some sort of switched virtual circuits.  The difference
will be only one of scale.
Matt Crawford          crawdad@fnal.gov          Fermilab
  PGP: D5 27 83 7A 25 25 7D FB  09 3C BA 33 71 C4 DA 6A