Re: Static IP addresses for Dial-up

  • From: Robert Elz
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 11:10:51 1996

    Date:        Mon, 29 Jan 1996 08:12:37 -0500
    From:        Paul Ferguson <pferguso@cisco.com>

    I can certainly understand the need for access control & security, but
    with the use of a smart-card one-time password system, this is a moot
    point.

You're expecting me to obtain one of those things for my system
at home?   And assuming that password type capable access
protection is the only kind of protection I care about.

Lets be a little reasonable please - access filters aren't
dead yet (I would like to see them vanish, and I would hope that
one day that might happen, today isn't that day).

I will believe this has happened when cisco no longer support
packet filtering in their routers.

kre