Re: value of co-location

  • From: Stephen Balbach
  • Date: Fri Jan 19 14:40:17 1996

Get a 100Mb FDDI or Ethernet connection between the two colocated
routers.

Then bring in multiple Fast packet services into your router which then
aggregates out the LAN port.

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996, George H. Clapp wrote:

> I'm also curious about the value of co-location.  Using a fast packet
> service (Frame Relay, SMDS, or ATM) allows your on-site router to
> communicate directly with a router of another ISP.  There's no need to
> purchase another router to place at the co-location site.  Why incur the
> additional cost?
>
> George Clapp
> voice: 201-829-4610
> fax:   201-829-2504
> page:  800-980-1298
> email: clapp@bellcore.com

---
Stephen Balbach  "Driving the Internet to Work"
VP, ClarkNet     due to the high volume of mail I receive please quote
info@clark.net   the full original message in your reply.