Re: Definitions, please....

  • From: Bill Manning
  • Date: Tue Jan 16 18:32:35 1996

> Hi, can somebody point me at or give me some sort of at least
> semi-formal definition of the following terms:
>       NAP
>       MAE-EAST
>       MAE-WEST
> Anything would help.
> Thank you.
> Herb Kugel

	NAP - Network Access Point: Used bby the US-NSF to describe thier
		prefered exchange points.
	MAE-East - Metro Area Exchange: Used by Metropolitan Fiber Systems
		to name its exchange point in the Washington DC area.
	MAE-West - Metro Area Exchange: Use by MFS to name the common exchange
		in the SF Bay Area. Shared with NASA/AMES

	Check out http://info.ra.net/div7/ra/naps.html

--
--bill