Re: Welcome to nanog

  • From: Tim Bass (@NANOG-LIST)
  • Date: Tue Jan 16 16:01:11 1996

Owen kindly explains:

> The command below is the result of someone sending a similar subscribe
> command which subscribed the nanog list to itself, causing the welcome
> message to be sent to the entire list.  Majordomo apparently accepts
> lists of people to subscribe or treats everything after the mailing
> list name as part of the name subscribing.  Either way, the effect is
> the same.

Thanks you. Your first sentence is really cool, BTW.

What we might need is a really robust, easy to configure, solid, fast,
simple to administer new (maybe commercial) e-mailing list manager.
(nothing against B.C.'s perl hack majordomo, and the other listserver
written in C.)

My guess is,  whomever comes up the the next-generation list manager
utility will save us all a bunch of hassles and make every ISP's job
just a 'little bit' easier.

BTW, that is one of the more amusing errors I see in a long time: