Re: outages, quality monitoring, trouble tickets, etc

  • From: Dorian Kim
  • Date: Mon Nov 27 21:49:16 1995

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Dave Siegel wrote:

> Now, if it was *your* router at the customer prem, then it would be your
> responsibility that you allowed your equipment to, uh, become waterlogged.  ;-)

I don't know. One of the most frequent problem I see is power outages at
the sites. I don't think any ISP can be responsible for things like that.

How about tornado nocking out much of a building including your CPE? How
should such things be counted?

<this did actually happen, btw>

-dorian
 Dorian Kim 		  Email: dorian@cic.net		2901 Hubbard Drive
 Network Engineer 	  Phone: (313)998-6976		Ann Arbor MI 48105
 CICNet Network Systems	  Fax:   (313)998-6105      http://www.cic.net/~dorian