Re: Links on the blink - what will/should mci & sprint do?

  • From: Mike
  • Date: Mon Nov 27 21:09:53 1995

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Tony Li wrote:

> Mike,
>
> If we were to seriously adopt the strategy of forwarding even when the
> destination appears down, it would be necessary to support this in the
> routing protocols to insure loop avoidance.  This is not out of the
> realm of theoretical possibility.  However, we're NOT there today.

I hope we never get there.

Mike

> Tony

                                                   IDT
Michael F. Nittmann                             ---------
Senior Network Architect                        \       /
(201) 928 1000 xt 500                            -------
(201) 928 1888 FAX                                \   /
mn@ios.com                                         ---
                                                   IOS