Re: outages, quality monitoring, trouble tickets, etc

  • From: Jonathan Heiliger
  • Date: Mon Nov 27 20:33:26 1995

On Nov 27,  7:11pm, Jeff.Ogden@um.cc.umich.edu wrote:
> It is because of these sorts of questions that I never know what
> it means when someone says that their network is available 99.9%
> of the time. Hell at least part of MichNet is available 100% of
> the time, but that never seems to cut it with the folks who don't
> have service right now.

I hate to say it, but the relationship in my Email regarding carriers not
disclosing network outages could potentially be to maintain the guise of a
better than real-life network availability.

If we want to enter the tangent discussion that seems inevitable at this point,
perhaps we should at least change the subject. :-)

-jh-