Re: outages, quality monitoring, trouble tickets, etc

  • From: Matt Zimmerman
  • Date: Sat Nov 25 21:58:00 1995

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995, Hans-Werner Braun wrote:

> In a computer network we *do* have the technology to do such things,
> you know. It requires willingness to do it more than it needs
> technology at this point of time.

I think the response being generated (if nowhere else) on this list shows
that there IS a willingness to implement such a system.  The "best"
design for a global trouble database is unclear at best; a lot of issues
re: data collection, information distribution, etc. will have to be resolved.

I, for one, am willing to devote whatever time and computing resources
are required of me to support a project like this, and I think most other
providers share my position.  Being better informed is an advantage to
everyone.

// Matt Zimmerman       Chief of System Management           NetRail, Inc.
// Work..........mdz@netrail.net     |     Play...gemini@alcor.netrail.net
// (703) 524-4800 [voice]    (703) 524-4802 [data]    (703) 534-5033 [fax]