Re: Links on the blink - reprise

  • From: Alan Hannan
  • Date: Sat Nov 18 20:27:32 1995

] Yes, that is true but most ISP's in my area are overselling 100 X or
] more. Sure I mux 4 T1 FR to 1 T1 port and oversell my bandwidth, but all
] of my links have at least 20% free on them during our peek.

  What is your sample interval?  Cisco's 5 minute average?

  80% utilization at 5 minute samples means it is very likely the
  lines are choked a good portion of that time.

-alan