Re: Routing wars pending?

  • From: ser-rr
  • Date: Thu Nov 16 11:24:47 1995

>   > Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU> writes:
>   >
>   > What's needed is a list of just where routes should be accepted
>   > from - which equates pretty much with address owneship, though
>   > says nothing about the permanence of that ownership.
>
> A routing registry strongly coupled with an assignment registry:
> The RIPE database.
>
> Daniel

Unfortnately, those of us who aren't actual registries can't use the RIPE
setup in quite the same fashion. Personally, I'd prefer to just run a
RIPE-like RR, rather than running an RR and an RWhois server, or running
an RR and sending in SWIPs all the time.... Unfortunately, the Internic
doesn't quite seem to see it from my perspective.

_k