Re: links on the blink (fwd)

  • From: Jon Zeeff
  • Date: Sat Nov 04 13:36:45 1995

> There is no way to talk about end to end connectivity quality assurance.
> The understanding must be that a provider can ony control the own
> network. How traffic is routed outside is mostly uncontrollable, because

You say you can control your own network, but I suspect much of it is
based on telco supplied lines where you don't directly control the
reliability.  This is why companies have contracts.  Within certain
parameters (and for a price), they allow you to control the actions of
other companies (and their networks).