Re: US Domain -- County Delegations

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Wed Jul 26 23:58:30 1995

On Wed, 26 Jul 1995, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> >Or, even better, for major metropolitan areas like SF, LA, NYC,
> >CHI etc the name central city can be used instead of state.
>
> I like this idea.  (Note that VIXIE.SF.CA.US has moved many times since its
> creation, and though I've always been in the Bay Area I've not lived in San
> Francisco since 1988.)

This would seem to indicate that geographical domains are a bad idea and
that domain names should be based on some characteristic that is less
likely to change over time.

VIXIE.BIND.HACKER ?

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael@memra.com